Welcome to Fede the clumsy chef, it is lovely to have you here!
I’m Federica, recipe developer, food stylist, and food photographer of my food blog Fede the clumsy chef.
What you’ll find here?
A selection of traditional Italian and Mediterranean-inspired recipes. Whether you are looking for lunch and dinner recipes or sweet treats to enjoy with your family and friends, I got it all covered.
My recipes are all tested several times and offered to friends and family to make sure they approve them before landing here.
My mission is to share with you the best, and most delicious food respecting food seasonality of the ingredients for more responsible use of the Planet’s resources. I think that the pleasure of life starts from what we eat and who we share our food with.
The food has the power to connect all of us, whether you are choosing to make one of my recipes from a faraway country or a friend sitting next to us at a table tasting delicious food.
I am born and raised in Italy, and I moved to London, one with the best culinary scene in the World and always full of new exciting restaurants to try, 9 years ago.
My mum’s family owns a couple of restaurants in the Roman countryside and, since I was a little girl, I was particularly interested in what my mum or any other family members were cooking. I was spending most of my Sunday mornings in the kitchen of the restaurant watching my nonna, mum, and uncle preparing the food. Sometimes – if I was lucky – I could help my nonna make some homemade pasta, where she shared some little tips and tricks and beautiful memories of her youth.
I was always there watching how they were managing food and I always asked a question regarding the dish they were making. For me was a kind of magic to see the transformation of any raw ingredients into a beautiful and tasty dish full of love. Since then, my passion for cooking grew more and more, therefore, I decided to embrace this passion and for this reason, I started to share my recipes full of love with you.
The strongest ingredient in my recipe is Love. The Love for the person that is going to eat the dish, for the raw ingredients, and for cooking.
More facts about me
- I studied at Urbino University, and I have a degree in Fashion Design.
- In this beautiful city, Urbino, I found the love of my life.
- I love going to the cinema and theatre, whether is ballet, plays or musicals. Or see exhibitions in search of inspiration.
- You will find me wandering the food markets to search for fresh ingredients for my recipes. As well as in restaurants.
- I don’t have a favorite season; I like all of them.
- My favorite recipe is bucatini all‘amatriciana.
- I love art.
- I dream of a country house with a garden full of flowers, hens, and rabbits. And of course, with kids.
- I love country and shabby chic home style.
- My favorite music is jazz.
- I love inviting friends and family over for lunch and dinner.
- I am a kind of old fashion regarding the care of the mise en place.
- I love vintage markets, where I can find old plates, teacups, and tablecloths; My favorite fabric is linen.
- My favorite flowers are peonies and dahlias.
- I love traveling and I hope one day to visit Jordan, Japan, and Cuba.