Home » Recipes » Lunch & Dinner
ROASTED CARROTS AND ASPARAGUS
(edit post info)
Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
These roasted carrots and asparagus are incredibly easy to make and are the perfect Mediterranean dish to serve on your table. They are roasted until slightly crunchy and lie down on a tangy and creamy yogurt dip. Whether for a satisfying lunch or a sensational side, this dish will satisfy your taste buds and nourish your soul. Say yes to these tasty roasted veggies!
Spring is in the air, and that means asparagus season, these little vibrant green veggies are incredibly full of flavor. There are countless ways to prepare them, but my favorite way involves roasting them alongside carrots and serving them with my scrumptious Italian flaky flatbread or with any Italian focaccia.
This roasted asparagus dish was inspired by my roasted carrots and shallots and pairs well with this easy chicken infused with lemon.
– Why you'll love this roasted carrots and asparagus
– 🥘 Ingredients
– 🔪 Instructions
– 💭 Top tip
– 🥗 Pairing
– 📖 Recipe
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS ROASTED CARROTS AND ASPARAGUS
– Feed a crowd- Whether you are hosting a bbq, picnic, or gathering dinner with friends and family this dish is sure to be a hit. You can even double the recipe to serve it as the main dish and feed a larger crowd.
– Meat-free- This roasted veggies dish is meat-free, making it perfect for vegetarians or for those who want to reduce their meat consumption. Eating less meat is not only beneficial for personal health but also helps in preserving the environment.
– Versatile- What I love about these roasted carrots and asparagus is that they can be enjoyed as a side dish or a light lunch and dinner.
– Gluten-free- If you follow a gluten-free diet, you'll be happy to know that this dish doesn't contain any gluten ingredients. It's a safe option for those with gluten sensitivities or celiac disease.
Here you will find the list of what to look for when buying the ingredients to make this roasted carrots and asparagus. The recipe uses simple ingredients and are easily available in every store.
– Asparagus- Look for fresh and rigid asparagus. Make sure that the tips are straight, rigid, and closed. To keep the asparagus fresh for a longer time store them in the fridge in a clean jar with a little amount of cold water.
– Carrots- Either orange or rainbow carrots work great here. Remember to buy fresh and rigid carrots of the same size.
– Seasoning- Use salt, garlic, and olive oil extra virgin to toss the asparagus and carrots before baking it.
– Cheese- The cheese dip is a mix of Greek yogurt, feta, and ricotta cheese. It adds creaminess and a tangy burst of flavor that works great with roasted veggies.
– Lemon- Use the juice of a fresh lemon to toss the asparagus and for the dip.
– Herbs- Dill, and mint leaves are added to the whipped cheese dip.
– Nuts- Use almond flakes or just chop some almonds with a knife. Sprinkle on top of the roasted veggies before serving the dish for extra flavor. The almond can be removed if you or your family have a nut allergy.
With minimal prep work, you will have delicious and healthy roasted carrots and asparagus to serve to your family or guests. Let's see make it.
Note: this is just a quick introduction. Please read the recipe card for the full instructions.
Wash under cold water to remove any dirt from the veggies. Cut the carrots in two and season them with the oil, salt, and garlic. Roast them for 15 minutes in a preheated oven. Once done set them aside.
In the same baking tray add the asparagus previously seasoned with lemon juice, salt, and oil. Roast them for 10/15 minutes. Once ready set them aside.
Add the yogurt, ricotta cheese, feta, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt to a blender. Blend at high speed for two minutes
Blend the yogurt, ricotta cheese, feta, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt in a blender.